Sunday, March 1, 2009

Public Service

This past Friday, I performed a free public service. Worth millions, this act of good will is supported by faith leaders, insurance companies, and parents of teenagers alike.

Taking both kids shopping on a Friday afternoon is a sure-fire way of promoting abstinence in the lives of every person in our vicinity. I could see young men and women glance our direction, raise their eyebrows, and commit to NOT procreating until they were completely ready and armed with reinforcements. Unfortunately, I may also be blamed for a world-wide decline in population, because if I were one of the onlookers, I might just have decided there was NO time in my life when I would be ready for what my kids can unleash on a weary mother just trying to run a few errands on her way home....

I survived.
Barely.

On another note, I am constantly attempting to tame the beasts in my household. This is my most recent attempt with Aidan: a chore chart. So far, it's been working like a charm. Aidan has been eagerly cleaning, making his bed, brushing his teeth, etc. If he gets all the little stars in the top section each day, he gets a healthy treat to place by his bed so he can eat it in the morning when he wakes up before all of us and watches cartoons.
On Saturday morning, I woke up and saw this on the table:

Apparently, I've got a master forger in the works.

1 comments:

MaricrisG said...

That is just hilarious! A very smart cookie I must say. It's interesting how reward chart works with teaching our kids. How long have you been doing it with Aidan?