Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Cookies

Waiting for our real cookies to bake (with our neighbor friend), we definitely needed a diversion with instant gratification. :) I whipped up some quick frosting and said goodbye to a clean kitchen, clean children, and sanity. They had fun and did it all by themselves.










Cute find at Trader Joes for just $5.
P.S. - if anyone has any suggestions for a new camera, please send them along! I can't seem to take any indoor pictures anymore... They all end up blurry (as you can see.) I can't afford a super-duper camera, but I need something for an average mom with average camera needs that takes quality pictures indoors, outdoors, and of fast moving targets.

8 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Looks like a fun Sunday. My camera is a Sony something or other, maybe a Sure Shot. It was expensive. We used to have a Kodak Easyshare. It was easy to use and I think they sell cheap versions at Wal-mart. Good luck...you need a good camera:)

Rebecca said...

What fun! Icing cookies was always one of my students favorite things to do in my former life :).

If you're looking for a point and shoot camera(not an SLR) I just got a Nikon Coolpix S560 - it's a point and shoot camera and so far so good. I haven't used the setting for moving objections - but everything else is great, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

I did a lot of product comparison and found that the camera touch screens still have a long way to go, BUT b/c they are the new thing, the other cameras, with equally good zoom and pixels are much cheaper b/c they do not have the touch screen. Good luck!

Becky said...

Those look like some major sugar delicious cookies! Especially that blue one at the end mounded with blue sprinkles:)lol!

theUngourmet said...

Super cute cookies! My son would love doing this!

I know that I have to adjust my camera setting indoors. I have a Sony Digital point-and-shoot. It does fairly well. You should check out Costco.

Pseudo said...

Everything and everyone looks so bright and summery.

kel said...

They look nummy!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Looks like they had a good time! =)

As for cameras...Canon! I love pretty much any Canon Camera! Second favorite would be Sony.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

That looks like great fun! Thanks for stopping by for C's birthday post!