Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Cookies

Waiting for our real cookies to bake (with our neighbor friend), we definitely needed a diversion with instant gratification. :) I whipped up some quick frosting and said goodbye to a clean kitchen, clean children, and sanity. They had fun and did it all by themselves.










Cute find at Trader Joes for just $5.
P.S. - if anyone has any suggestions for a new camera, please send them along! I can't seem to take any indoor pictures anymore... They all end up blurry (as you can see.) I can't afford a super-duper camera, but I need something for an average mom with average camera needs that takes quality pictures indoors, outdoors, and of fast moving targets.

8 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Looks like a fun Sunday. My camera is a Sony something or other, maybe a Sure Shot. It was expensive. We used to have a Kodak Easyshare. It was easy to use and I think they sell cheap versions at Wal-mart. Good luck...you need a good camera:)

Rebecca said...

What fun! Icing cookies was always one of my students favorite things to do in my former life :).

If you're looking for a point and shoot camera(not an SLR) I just got a Nikon Coolpix S560 - it's a point and shoot camera and so far so good. I haven't used the setting for moving objections - but everything else is great, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

I did a lot of product comparison and found that the camera touch screens still have a long way to go, BUT b/c they are the new thing, the other cameras, with equally good zoom and pixels are much cheaper b/c they do not have the touch screen. Good luck!

Becky said...

Those look like some major sugar delicious cookies! Especially that blue one at the end mounded with blue sprinkles:)lol!

the ungourmet said...

Super cute cookies! My son would love doing this!

I know that I have to adjust my camera setting indoors. I have a Sony Digital point-and-shoot. It does fairly well. You should check out Costco.

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Everything and everyone looks so bright and summery.

kel said...

They look nummy!

...Mrs. Southern Bride... said...

Looks like they had a good time! =)

As for cameras...Canon! I love pretty much any Canon Camera! Second favorite would be Sony.

Mommyof2girlz said...

That looks like great fun! Thanks for stopping by for C's birthday post!