Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Toilet Negotiations

Recent Discussions with Addison:

1.)

Me - "Addison, let's go sit on the toilet and try to go potty."

Addison - "No. I don't do that."

Me - "Well, as soon as you start going potty on the toilet, I'll buy you some pretty big girl panties."

Addison - "I like my Mickey Mouse diapers."

Me - "I'll buy you Mickey Mouse panties."

Addison - "But I like powder."

Me - "You can still have powder."

Addison - "No. I don't do that."

Me - (sigh......)


2.)

Me - "Addison, time to go try the toilet."

Addison - "I go potty on toilet tomorrow, ok?"

Me - (sigh....)


Slightly related news....

On our morning announcements at the junior high where I teach, they are doing daily Constitution facts. Well, the little girl who was speaking didn't know how to pronounce the word and instead said "constipation" each time. I was laughing pretty hard because not only was this funny as heck, but not a single student in my class noticed.

Also -

On our recent hike at Mt. Saint Helens, I wanted to mention that Aidan kept saying, "We're gonna die.... we're gonna die. We're gonna get exploded by the volcano and be here forever..." He hiked about 2 very hilly miles very successfully, but apparently didn't have confidence in our surviving the journey.

3 comments:

Elle Bee said...

Hahah! This is very funny!! Maybe the toilet training part isn't exactly hilarious to you, but I got a little chuckle out of it. :o)
Elle

Amy said...

Hee hee! Seriously... can't wait to start potty training my girls. :P NOT!

Bethany said...

So cute...but I remember how frustrating those conversations are, too!! Good luck!