Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I like your face

Addison and I impulsively decided to stop and buy some flowers to plant after school this week. It had been cold that morning, so I was bundled up in a winter jacket and was caught by surprise when the sun came out and the temperature jumped to 65 degrees. I barely registered the change at first, and kept shopping the nursery aisles, pushing Addison in the shopping cart, and awkwardly trying to push another cart loaded with plants and potting soil. I was on a mission and I wanted to get home and plant before dark.
Then, Addison said this:

Addison -- I like your face, mom.

Me- You like my face? Why, thank you.

Addison - You're welcome. I like pink. Your face is all pink.

Me - Ahh.... well, thank you. I'm glad you like my pink face.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Stop and smell the flowers.

Kids are great at at doing that. Not being rushed. Stopping and noticing the beauty of the moment.

They're really cool to have around, aren't they :)

foxy said...

I think I just may steal Addison's line. I like it - a lot.

Happy St. Patty's day!

Lacey said...

Ha!

Little A makes me giggle. ;-)

So did you get them all planted or what?!