Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Is it Odd...

that THIS is my daughter's favorite song?
Is it strange that she know every word and begs to listen to it soooo often that I had to give her a "once a day" limit?



Ok, so it might be weird. She IS only 4. But isn't she downright COOL?!

Other current Addison Favorites:







And both kids are nuts about this:



Family Dance Parties and tuneless singing are known to spontaneously break out in our household... and that is AWESOME, to say the least. My kids ROCK.

I had noticed that Addison seems to choose songs based on the lyrics and the mood behind them. She prefers songs about love, hope, and freedom. She likes her ladies to have full-bodied voices and her men to have sweetness and poetry. When I asked her if she even knew what "free" meant, as she loves to sing that word at the top of her lungs, she was silent for a bit, and then she said, "Well, it means that you get out of something you were stuck in...." (and with that, the little twinge in my gut that tells me I have a smart and challenging little soul in my care started to act up on me.)

Aidan is a bit more traditionally "young male" in his musical taste. He likes anything he can rock out to, preferably with a bit of air guitar and a false look of angst on his face. I imagine years of hard core teenage-monitoring in my future, because this boy can shake his hips and has the long eyelashes and dashing good looks that will be a magnet for the gals as he grows older. (well, as long as his dance skills improve moderately and he stops wearing superman capes, that is....)

0 comments: