Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dear God,

Thank you for ALEVE!


I'm a person who often has a headache. I get the tunnel-vision, can't function, losing all my meals I've ever eaten kind of migraines.... and the general stiff neck, high intensity, life altering tension headaches that last for hours and hours. I can get a headache from hormones, looking at a computer screen for too long, or from general tension and from my inability to realize when I'm clenching my jaw or shoulders in concentration. It's a hoot. I spend quality time in Urgent Care getting shots in my butt and fluids through I.V. I've recently discovered, however, that if I catch some of these headaches early on with Aleve, I can usually reclaim my day within the hour! Considering that I've tried actual, expensive, migraine medications and have seen little results, it is awesome that I can use something as simple as an over-the-counter drug and come alive again. Of course, I take more than the recommended dosage, but I just can't get myself to care about that in the slightest. And of course, a true migraine won't be stopped by anything other than unconsciousness or a swift needle jab to some part or another of my anatomy. But for the every day head-pounders, I have found my new best friend. I should get paid for this endorsement..... :)