Saturday, October 18, 2008

What we've been up to...

We came home from our day at school/work and I started my usual running around and putting things away.... but something was different. It was oddly easy, quick, and smooth. And then I realized, I didn't have my trusty "helper" following me around. She was ENTERTAINING HERSELF. It was a miracle. While I do laundry, put away our bags, let the dog out, gather eggs, I usually have Little A trotting along beside me, dragging wet clothes back out of the dryer as I put them in, "counting" the eggs with me by touching each one and cheering, and taking a towel to wipe down anything she thinks might be dirty. But this last week, something changed. My little shadow decided she was content to play in her room for about 20 WHOLE MINUTES. Very strange. Very nice for productivity.
But kinda sad....



I have a very new, very chic centerpiece on my table. Courtesy of my children and our Friday afternoon fun after school.



I made a clip art "treasure hunt" while I was supposed to be grading papers at work.... The kids had a blast finding the treasure all over and stuffing them in the jar.

Still trying to figure out something to make with all these apples....

My mother in law sat with me for HOURS so we could finish this cute little dress. It looked easy, but wasn't a very good pattern for beginners. It left out a lot of steps and took a lot of head scratching to figure out some of the simple little details they forgot to mention. But, once I attach the buttons, I have a sweet finished product!

1 comments:

Kaci said...

Hi Rachae! What a cute dress- I am very impressed. And I am SO JEALOUS that you have chickens!! Stupid city of Seattle won't let me.