Sunday, July 19, 2009

Call me Gimp. The Immaculate Gimp.



"Great things are done when men and mountains meet."
-William Blake

So, we've all heard of the immaculate conception, but has anyone heard of immaculate injuries? I seem to be stricken by this very UNholy malady this past week. Out of nowhere, and without a single stumble, snap, or twist, I had this awful pain in my foot and ankle. I'll spare you all the details. I went to Urgent Care. Since the doctor couldn't figure out what it was, he said he'd "treat it like a sprain." I was put on crutches and in a splint and kept off that leg completely. So when it started to swell more, hurt worse, and freak me out 2 days later, I went back to the doctor. Now they are thinking I might have gout, or I might have plantar fasciitis, or I might have a blood clot, or I might have rheumatoid arthritis. All are unlikely, and none completely cover all symptoms. So now I'm on drugs for gout, have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor, and pain meds. Fun stuff. And on top of it all - major cabin fever. So we headed for the mountains yesterday. I figured at the very least, I could definitely handle sitting in the car for a few hours. (I was wrong. It hurt like heck.) Nevertheless, we had fun and the kids were able to take a short hike with Daddy on Mt. Rainier while the dog and I camped out in the car. :) Our senses were filled, our hearts were joyful, and our bodies were tired. It was a good day.

My Rebel Foot:

See that mountain way off in the distance? That's where we're headed!

Getting closer:

Oops - Aidan needed to go potty Right NOW!:

And he picked Addison and I some flowers on his way back to the car:

Even closer:

Heading up the hills:







Do I look perturbed and sweaty???? I wonder why?














6 comments:

Aleta said...

Oh my gosh, those are some BEAUTIFUL pictures! (And I laughed about the picture of him having to go right now.)

septembermom said...

Happy to be visiting today! Lovely photos. The mountains are gorgeous! Sorry to hear about your foot and ankle. Hope you feel better soon! You have a very nice blog!

Kelly said...

Terrific pics!! The same thing happened too me, Woke up one morning and my left ankle and right knee where so swollen I could barely walk. I ended up with Rhumetoid Arthritis in my left ankle and right knee at the ripe old age of 22!! (It was limping like that for a couple of days!)Fun Stuff!!

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Wonderful shots and quote! Also, John Denver was singing....makes me sad. I really miss his voice.

Bethany said...

Wow, those are amazing pictures. It must be weird to see snow in the heat of summer!

Glama Ray said...

Oh, bless your heart!!! You remind me of myself. I'm very accident prone. My hubby said it's because I'm top heavy ... Hmmm. Love your blog, it's giving me some big chuckles but I am so sorry you are going through so much pain. That I am not laughing at but I love that you have such a happy spirit and great sense of humor. You such beautiful little angels, too. Thank you for following, hon! I love forward to hearing from you. Have a happy and blessed day.