Monday, August 23, 2010

As Per Usual

As per usual, the busier I am and the more I have to do, the more I choose to add to my plate. Today was our first day back to work for "meetings" before the kids come back to school next week. With getting up early, getting kids ready for daycare, going to meetings all day, planning for the year, having to pack for a day away from home again each morning, and dragging in the door drained of all energy, I felt compelled to do a little crafting. (something I didn't have time for during summer vacation. Go figure.) So I took an old pair of Addison's jeans that still fit her waist, but had gotten too short to be cool, and we improvised. Since Addison is all about accessories, we made a hair clip to go with.
We'll have to get a better top now, since the rest of the outfit was free! I had plenty of scraps to choose from and alligator clips sitting around. This is so simple, I found myself wanting to rip up her perfectly fine jeans just to make another skirt. Since this was all about "recycling," though, I suppose that would be counterproductive....



2 comments:

foxy said...

Crafty & Cute! I love it!

Petite Paws said...

That's brilliant! I. must. learn. how. to. sew. :-)