Friday, January 28, 2011

Gymnastics Free Trial

Once again, these are some really crappy pictures, but I wanted my mom to see.... and you get the general idea, if not the aesthetic value, right. :)




There was a HUGE difference in how the gymnastics center works with 3-year-olds compared to other sports and kid-centered places we've been. I guess it makes sense, because gymnasts start sooner, peak young, and retire around puberty.... but it was so strange to see my little girl out there trying all these crazy new things and see that not a single coach spoke to them like they were anything but young athletes in training. They weren't coddled, their cute antics weren't noticed, and fooling around at all wasn't tolerated. (Even though they were 3 and 4 years old and they were told to swing on ropes hanging from the ceiling....) Anyways, I was wondering what she would think of it all, but I didn't have to wonder long. She LOVED it. She was so pumped and absolutely flushed with a heady sense of accomplishment and a new knowledge of her own strength... So, I think the free trial might end up being another sport we'll sign up for this year. Ahh well....

0 comments: