Friday, May 22, 2009

An Actual Email I sent to my school administrators today

"Anyone know if there is a particular disciplinary action for picking boogers, licking them, and then flicking them towards other students????

There simply HAS to be.....

What I HAVE done - made him wash his hands and told him to cease and desist all picking and flicking. :)"
----Sometimes you hear about how the education system in America needs to amp it up and crank out more geniuses, as though the teachers are failing our youth, not challenging them enough, etc, etc, etc. Let me tell you folks: I'm sure the education system needs some major work in some locales, but in my neck of the woods we do a darn good job of educating the masses. Most of us go into the profession with a "I'm going to save the world one student at a time" complex. But, as much as you pour your heart into your work, attempt to inspire and motivate, and empower the little darlings to do great things with their God-Given Brains.... there will still be 7th grade boys who pick and flick boogers and need to be reminded to put on their deodorant in the Spring.

12 comments:

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC said...

You should feel so much better, now. And, I think you are right.

Annie said...

wow...that is unbelievable! WHO does that?!?

at one point in my life i thought that i wanted to be a teacher...know i KNOW that i could never do it!!

thank YOU for educating our youth :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

HA! You are too funny:)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

OMG! Too funny!

Katie Lane said...

Gross!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Oh, yuck! I have two boys...is this what I have to look forward to?

LORI said...

I THINK THEY SHOULD BE FORCED TO BATHE IN HAND SANITIZER IN THE P.E. LOCKER ROOM...OR AT LEAST THE KID WHO HAD THE BOOGIES FLICKED AT HIM OR HER SHOULD BE ABLE TO!

Amy said...

LOL!!! Good thing there's teachers like you to keep 7th graders in line!

Papermoonies said...

I would frame this and hang it on the wall

Brittany

http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

LOl, that's funny!

Becky said...

lol~"put on their deoderant in the spring".
Ain't the truth! That age hits and personal hygeine is as big of a lesson lol!

Tabitha Blue said...

Hahaha, way to keep it real! LOL

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com