Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lucky

Last night we went to THIS GAME.
A generous, anonymous parent donated 4 tickets to the counselors and I was the lucky teacher that happened to be entering grades in my computer when the "first come, first served" email was sent out.
I felt incredibly lucky.
We would never have been able to afford these kind of tickets.
Free, parking garage parking so we never had to walk in the rain to get to the game, ( a very big deal in Seattle!) a free dinner and drinks before the game, and then dessert at half time. (fried bananas and cream as well as stacks and stacks of hot dogs.) Dinner was sweet and sour chicken stir fry, meatballs, endives with blue cheese and walnuts, rice dishes, bread sticks, some other fancy stuff in lettuce leaves, etc, etc, etc. And all you can drink Jones Soda.
The crowd was friendly and the whole experience felt like we were in another country, since we were playing Argentina and half the announcements were in Spanish.
I haven't had so much fun in a long time.
This is my brother-in-law, Greg, with Aidan and I.
Look familiar?
Major family resemblance in this clan.
Aunt Alisha and baby Cora watched Addison for us and had
a blast at the public library and the bathtub. :)












2 comments:

foxy said...

How cool! That sounds like a fun night. I love when lucky stuff like that happens...

Rebecca said...

So fun! I love unexpected (good) surprises.